Going from 0 to 1
**Get in to small groups.
Questions to ask:
1. How long have I been going from 0 to 1?
2. What have you done so far?
3. List reasons why you think you haven’t gone from 0 to 1.
Have you heard of the game called Settlers? My wife wins 80% of the time. Why? (She has a strategy and I don’t – at least not a good one, anyways)
A church planter needs a strategy. If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time. Even if your strategy is a little off, you will miss starting a church. Rocket to the moon. Just 1 degree off and it will miss by a long shot.
Read - In your group
Joshua 6:2-5 – Not the strategy that Joshua was thinking! But it was the strategy that was going to work.
Notes: Joshua was off planning how to win a war against a people insulated by huge walls, something they had never done before. This is much like we see our cities sometimes, huge cities their have a gigantic spiritual wall.
2. Entry – Read Understanding of Entry
One possible scenario: 3rd place – “What is your custom to meet the lost
English Club or Total Fit
- find where people gather – sometimes called a 3rd place. Make a list of 3rd places.
- go there and infiltrate.
- Did Jesus have a 3rd place? List some
- John 2:1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee
- John 4 – woman at the well, then Jesus became the 3rd place with village
- Feeding of 5,000
- sermon on the mount in Matthew 5-7
- from his birth, he created the 3rd place gathering – shepherds, wise men
- age 12 – the priests surrounded him
- Jesus’ 2nd miracle in John? Healing at Bethsaida – by the way, I went there
- What about Paul’s 3rd places: went to the Synagogues, place of prayer
2. Make relationships – How do you do that?
- Ask people if they would like to meet some time for tea or coffee. (1 on 1)
- We have a 99% rate of people agreeing to meet
3. Spend 15-30 minutes getting to know them – then go in to the transition. (Russians are straight forward). I’ve made a transition in 15 seconds at an English Club. (What is your purpose in life)
4. **Transition worksheet – Red worksheet
5. If they say “NO”. Don’t give them a way out of reading the Bible.
6. **Reasons to Read the Bible – Blue worksheet
7. Yes, I’ll read the Bible with you – New Testaments
- start with Gospel of John in 1 week – 7 days in a week – 3 chapters/day = 21
- meet with them at least once a week – Twice a week is better (faster evangelism)
8. Good News For You – after Gospel of John
9. Read through the New Testament – bringing up verses about the Gospel - answering their questions too.
10. When they repent – take them through the 7 lessons of T4T. 1st lesson is assurance of salvation.
11. When you have at least 3 new disciples – group them together and form a new Church.